It's almost St.Patrick's Day which means it's time for drinking to oblivion, getting rich through leprechauns, and all things green! I thought a lot about what I'd want flavour of green cupcake I wanted to make and had a long debate between Green Tea and Mint. In the end, Mint won because obviously, it is the most delicious! Especially with Chocolate.
Here's how to make Nutella Filled Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes:
Ingredients for the Cupcake Base:
- 1/2 cup of Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 an Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract- 1/4 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- A small small pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of Sugar
Ingredients for the Cupcake Frosting
- 1 cup of Butter
- 4 cups of Confectionary Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- Few drops of Mint/Peppermint Extract
- 4 tbs Whipping Cream (I couldn't find anything but Nutriwhip so I had to improvise a little bit- if you don't know how much Whipping Cream/Nutriwhip you should put, try the frosting - if you've ever tasted cupcake frosting, it'll be obvious to you)
Instructions for the cupcake base:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat together the Butter and the Sugar until fluffy.
- In a different bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and the salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture, but alternate between the dry ingredients and the milk - pour half the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture, then the milk, then the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cups - fill the muffin cups 3/4 of the way.
- Shove into oven and bake for around 15 minutes.
- Let cool 2 minutes and fill a decorating bag with Nutella - poke a hole into the top of the cupcake and squeeze the Nutella in.
- Let cool some more.
Instructions for Cupcake frosting:
- Beat together Butter and Sugar until fluffy.
- Add the Vanilla and Mint/Peppermint Extract.
- Add the whipping cream (you can add it a little bit at a time if you're worried about the consistency of the frosting)
- Fill a decorating bag with your delicious frosting.
- Make a swirl and start decorating! Add some chocolat chips for extra deliciousness!